Rock Harbor Church is a community of believers devoted to God’s Word. Founded upon an unwavering commitment to “anchor ourselves to the rock of Christ,” we teach the entire Bible verse by verse from Genesis to Revelation, and seek to apply its truth to our daily lives in order to go deeper in our walk with the Lord. We are a growing body of believers committed to reaching our culture with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe that the Bible is God’s Holy Word, and that it contains God’s perfect plan to redeem humanity from sin, through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.
We defend God’s absolute truth in a relativistic culture. We desire to ground our understanding of current events from a biblical and prophetic perspective. We protect our people by warning of the growing apostasy inside and outside of Christendom. We value the Biblical family unit which was created by God to be the bedrock of a society. Therefore, our desire is to preserve our marriages and seek to protect and prepare our children to encounter a culture that is hostile to a biblical view of the family. We support the Jewish people, the nation of Israel, and the Lord’s plan for them.
We believe that Rock Harbor Church just didn’t happen, but that the LORD planted us in the southwest area of Bakersfield for a specific reason. Our mission is simple and it guides everything we do: Love God, Love People, Share Jesus, Make Disciples. This mission is uniquely different compared to what the world offers to people. Our church offers what people need instead of what they think they want.
I. Our Mission: What are we doing?
Love the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
- Love People of all Nations.
- Share Jesus the Messiah.
- Make Disciples of all Nations.
III. Our Values: What convictions guide our actions?
- A maturing relationship with the Messiah
- Biblical authority as God’s perfect standard for life and faith
- Biblical hospitality to all people to know the Love of the Messiah
- Ministry excellence since we serve the Messiah
- Ministry integrity since we are accountable to the Messiah
III. Our Measures: What makes us successful in the eyes of the LORD?
We worship the LORD.
- Love the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
- We read and study the Scriptures.
- We pray.
- We obey.
Love People of all Nations
- Our family relationships are growing
- Our church family relationships are growing.
- I’m involved in a Bible Study.
- I give care to the believers at church.
- I serve at church.
Share Jesus the Messiah
- We are prepared to share the Gospel to the Jew first and the Gentile
- We are proactively developing relationships with lost people.
- We engage in witnessing opportunities with lost people.
- We are supporting missionaries who are taking the Gospel to the nations.
Make Disciples of all Nations.
- We are personally accountable to other believers.
- We are involved in equipping other believers.
- We are multiplying disciples.
- We are using our spiritual gifts to edify one another.
IV. Our Strategy: How are we doing it?
- We worship weekly
- We reach regularly
- We serve weekly
- We equip regularly
- We connect weekly
V. Our Vision: Where is the Lord taking us?
We believe God is calling us to be a light in the darkness to a lost and ever darkening world. The Gospel of Jesus Christ (the Good News about the Person and work of the Messiah) provided the way for sinners to move from the Kingdom of Darkness to the Kingdom of Light. Once we receive this truth by faith personally, we’re compelled to share the effects of this spiritual change with others and to grow in our relationship with the Messiah.
To learn more about the beliefs and doctrines of RHC, please view our Statement of Faith. For more information or to connect with RHC, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.